Filed under: projects | Tags: custom curtains, recover lamp shade, roman shades
My friend Regan recently hired me to do some custom work for her awesome condo. I installed everything today and I am so happy with how it all came out (exhale). Let’s just say this girl has some amazing taste and my heart was skipping a few beats as I was tearing the original trim off of her Anthropologie lamp shade and cutting into the Amy Butler fabric. There was no room for error here cuz she went top notch all the way. It was totally worth it as the pictures speak for themselves.
Knowing that I had never before recovered a lamp shade nor made a Roman shade in my life, I adopted the philosophy patented by my mother of “Ehhh, I’ll figure it out.” If it hadn’t been for the interwebs, that lamp shade probably would have come out quite different. (“Regan, it’s ABSTRACT.”)
I did figure out the Roman shades on my own, doing some close investigation of the IKEA ones I have in my bedroom. I will post a step-by-step tutorial on that soon. In the mean time, if you need a good visual tutorial for the lamp shade, this is what I used. Word of advice: do not attempt to use spray adhesive on a lightweight piece of fabric outside on one of the windiest days of the season.
7 Comments so far
Leave a comment