3. This little end table would go great in my….okay, so I have no room for it but I still would love to own it. Perhaps in my future dream home. (Also via Made by Girl: Jane Schouten’s home in the Netherlands – whoa, I could flip through these Flickr photos for hours on end.)
4. The Daily Show is referring to the current Blagojevich absurdity as “Scumdog Million-hairs”. Completely brilliant.
Filed under: design envy | Tags: anthro, Anthropologie, packaging
A bumpy envelope from Anthropologie was in my mailbox today. I had no idea what it could be but was delighted to find the following inside.
It’s basically just a 15% off coupon for my birthday month of February but how darling is the packaging? They really know how to make a sweet impact in their deliveries (see their gift cards below with their hallmark mittens!) I love the play on the word “so” as well as Anthropologie’s recent adoption of this typewriter font on their materials.
This (and having a snow day) definitely made my day today. If you’re a big Anthropologie fan, sign up for anthro so you can receive email newsletters and various shopping priveleges (i.e., receiptless returns).
We are having a major winter storm here in Columbus (well, major by Columbus standards) and are under a level 2 snow emergency. Our offices are closed so I’m hibernating at home with Beck. We’ll probably venture out to play in the snow at some point since he gets pretty stir crazy and adores the powder. Stay warm, everyone!
Photo credits: 1. snow day, 2. Portland loves snow days, 3. snow day, 4. snow day song, 5. Snow day _06, 6. Dirty South Snow Day!, 7. snow day 2k7!, 8. Snow Day?, 9. Snow Day, 10. snow day, 11. Snow day., 12. IMG_0038-1, 13. First Snow Day, 14. Snow Day!, 15. snow day 1, 16. Snow Day
Filed under: design envy | Tags: Kyle Hale, photography, Sara and KC Giessen, wedding ideas
KC and Sara Giessen have straight up movie love. I found this lovely couple through Cup of Jo yesterday and have been busy adoring their photos and blog all morning. KC is a sound designer and Sara a graphic/interactive designer. Their creativity shines through in everything they do, and is especially apparent in their wedding last August. I’m completely inspired by their original ideas, their obvious devotion to one another, and just overall smittenness.
First up, KC and Sara’s engagement photos and Save the Date postcard.
Their photographer (for both their engagement photos and wedding) Kyle Hale has me speechless. Literally. My heart was pounding so hard as I browsed his portfolio of wedding and engagement shots (the accompanying music is an additional emotion trigger). This guy knows how to capture love in the most innocent, playful and creative of ways.
Next up, their wedding (A.K.A. the wedding set-up of my dreams). Future Mr. CK, whoever you may be, take note. I’ve never seen anything like this. This looks straight out of an Anthropologie catalog but better. The deconstructed pallets reconstructed into free standing wall panels is such an amazing idea (and was done by the very talented groom). The double doors serving as an entry into their outdoor “room”, a mantel with a chandelier overhead, windows too? I can’t stand it! Here, just look at these and swoon along with me.
These two had some larger than life ideas for their special day and I admire the fact that they didn’t seem to have compromised on any of them. This day only happens once so why not go all out, right? Below are some more details from their big day: directional signage, custom wrapping paper for their favors designed by Sara featuring their silhouettes, hand held fans that doubled as programs, and the eclecticism of their reception décor.
Thanks, Sara and KC, for sharing so much of yourselves and your wedding through your blog and photos. You’re truly inspiring. Best of luck to you both in the future.
If you’d like to view more of their wedding loveliness, go here for more photos by Kyle Hale.
1. Hookmaker wall tiles by Design Glut resemble teacups and hold all your odds and ends.
2. I picked up a small tube of Lollia hand cream (Wish scent) at Anthro last weekend and it’s already almost gone. It works really well and smells like sugar. Mmmm.
3. Love this Fun Skirt by Boden. Too pricey for my budget but cute nonetheless.
4. I am loving these passive aggressive notes by Jack Spade to leave on people’s windshields when they’ve done a craptastic parking job (if you can’t make it out, they say NICE PARKING). I think there needs to be many more sets in a similar vain (i.e., WAY TO CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG and NICE PUTTING THE TOILET SEAT DOWN).
5. Offensive + Delightful greeting cards are just that: colorful sentiments + great design. This particular card says “I’ve been such an asshole. Please accept my apologies.”
Filed under: design envy | Tags: motion graphics, Spacejunk Media