1. I was having a pretty stressful day at work today when I walked past my mailbox and saw a package inside. It was my recent order from Etsy seller Flowers for Your Ears (dangsworld). I ordered the ring pictured above plus another and 3 pairs of earrings. Everything in the shop is absolutely darling and extremely affordable. Super fast shipping too. Stress relieved, happy dance!
2. Quirky and smart, I’m intrigued by this Blacksmith Blossom Chair by Anthropologie. Probably not the greatest in the back support department, but I wouldn’t turn one away.
3. Yeah, so you know I’m obsessive when it comes to Anthropologie so is it really a shock that I would have two of their items in my favorites for the week? This month’s catalog is a collaboration between Anthro and Hatch Show Print. This is a keeper for the inspiration files. Beautiful photography using backdrops of vintage signage (I’m still looking for that letter C) combined with Hatch’s signature letterforms are throughout.
4. 100 Layer Cake is a wedding site and while I am nowhere close to planning a wedding, I still enjoy reading about real-life nuptials and all the different ideas that could easily translate into other celebrations. One of my favorite features is their colorboards. They take a collage of photos with similar colors and extract a palette from it. We do this a lot at work for clients, called “swipe” exercises.
5. Kathleen over at Twig & Thistle recently posted about a brilliant facial hair contest that was held at her office, Stache Bash. She came up with this great invitation along with some really fun accessories. I think this may have to be suggested at my next company meeting.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment